THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 8, 2009

Woot!

Ok seriously. SERIOUSLY. It's summer, the kids are sick of each other, and BORED. So I go online looking for a recipe for homemade playdoh that I can make with the ingredients I have on hand. (A friend gave me a recipe that called for cream of tarter and I keep forgetting to buy it.) So I found one and modified it a bit:

1 C. flour
1/4. C salt
1/3. C water (add a tiny bit more if it's not quite gummy enough)
Food coloring

First mix food coloring with the water. I can't tell you how much, I just did a good squeeze. Probably 10 drops or so. Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the salt and flour and stir with a plastic spoon until crumbly. Then knead by hand until it is the right consistency.

I made 4 batches - green, yellow, blue, and pink. I split each batch in two so each kid has some of each color. I gave them a few kitchen utensils to use and they're having a blast!

Note: The site where I found the recipe said that it doesn't keep well. I plan to store it in ziplock bags and reuse until it isn't any good. I'll let ya know how long it lasts. If it ruins quickly, no big loss...it's worth it for an hour or two of kiddo fun!

0 comments: